1. Flag Kabobs - This idea came from this pin. It doesn't have a recipe, but it's pretty straightforward: strawberries, blueberries, and bananas or apples. It's a great, healthy, fruity snack to start off the party!
2. Rice Krispy Treat Sparklers - This pin from 5 Minutes for Mom looks adorable! Just cut your homemade rice krispy treats (she gives the recipe) into stars (or stripes) and add blueberries and strawberries.
3. United Shakes of America - Need something cool and patriotic to drink? Check out this pin from Poca Cosa - it's super easy!!
4. Fruity Stars and Stripes Flag - This mini flag from this pin is a great idea for kids, since it has gushers and fruit roll-ups. Betty Crocker has the recipe here.
5. 4th of July Watermelon - Watermelon is one of the ultimate summer foods! Patriot-ize your watermelon by cutting it into star shapes with this recipe from What's Cooking with Ruthie. Cheese adds a nice twist, and a blueberry completes it. I pinned it here.
6. Krispie Stars - One more with rice krispy treats - they're fun, so easy, and great with kids! This pin from Totally Kids Times is a star-on-a-stick treat that's red, white, and blue!
Happy 4th of July!! Have a wonderful, relaxing day - whether you spend it with friends and family or whether you're resting at home. Be sure to take time to remember the brave men and women who fought for our freedoms and keep our country safe!